Thursday, August 4, 2011

On my way to Siem Reap tomorrow

Yay for mini weekend vacations! Maybe I'll actually blog about this trip when I get back... Unlike the last time when I went to Kep and said I'll blog but didn't. I know, I'm awful at this thing.

This was outside the office today.

A Phnom Penh sunset. That sounds like it should be a drink. In fact, I'll make one up right now:

Muddle a whole bunch of mint leaves with sugar
two parts Cachaca rum
two parts passion fruit juice
splash of cointreau and simple syrup
Shake well
Serve in a collins glass with ice and eat it with fish amok!

(Seriously, if anyone makes this, let me know how it tastes.)

2 comments:

Kasperka said...

sounds doable and sort of tasty. Next time I find myself within a vicinity of these ingredients I will make it and let you know how it tastes.

denesteak said...

i think it might be a bit too sweet! Cointreau, simple syrup AND sugar?? Sheesh, what was I thinking?