Friday, February 13, 2009

Singapore Over Winter Break– Long Overdue


Over winter break, I spent two weeks in Singapore, just hanging out with family and old friends. I spent 10 years of my childhood there, so I have very fond memories of it– one of my friends remarked that I probably have a very romanticized view of Singapore. Maybe, I don't know. Anyway, I think the country has changed so much in terms of the landscape. There are some buildings that I didn't recognize, which was rather sad for me because, in a strange way, it made me feel less Singaporean. I guess that's what happens when you leave a country for more than 8 years.



This was one of my favorite shots of Singapore. I find it really hard to shoot at night because I hate using flash but I don't have a tripod so everything usually comes out blurry. But I liked this shot alot because of how everything is dark and orange.


Chinatown is all decked out for Chinese New Year, which was so early this year. It was like in the end of January/beginning of February– Chinese New Year usually falls in mid February so this year was extremely unusual.


Singapore Supreme Court.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great photos. singapore is definitely on my (very long) list of countries to visit. i'll just have to make sure i don't spit - hehe.